People don`t run away.

“My aim was always to write a story about how love and friendship fitted into people’s lives, particularly as they started to realize time was short and mortality was a fact… I was never interested in looking at that story of brave slaves who rebelled and escaped. I’m fascinated by the extent to which people don’t run away, and I think if you look around us that is the remarkable fact – how much we accept what fate has given us. Sometimes it’s just passivity; sometimes it’s just simply perspective – we don’t have the perspective to think about running away. And ultimately I was looking for a metaphor for how we face mortality. We can’t escape from the fact that we only have a limited amount of time.” 

Kazuo Ishiguro, hablando de su libro Never Let Me Go


Comentarios